Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Painted Wrought Iron Furniture

via

Time to paint the iron furniture on the deck! 
This is going to be a quick post- I'm headed out the door and I need to decide what color I'm going to paint the wrought iron furniture this weekend. 

Here is some inspiration if you are also tackling this project:

French Grey Outdoor Heart Chairs - Set of 2
via
French gray is lovely and I am considering this.

via
At one point I had this aqua color. 


Iron Patio Furniture
via

I love the navy- especially in combination with the green bench below.

via

via

Both the green and the red are so vibrant and fun!

via
Some of the furniture I have  is black with black and white stripped cushions- I love traditional black wrought iron! Those will just get a fresh coat of paint.
If only I had a few of these chairs- they are classic and so comfortable! 
Have you ever sat in one?

via
This is it- this is the color I'm going for! 
Turquoise :)

via
I suppose I could just let the furniture weather.
 I do like the look but not on a deck.

via
I think this bench would look beautiful in any color. 
Isn't it beautiful in white though?

Hopefully, by next week I'll  be able to show you the finished project!

Which one is your favorite?

10 comments:

  1. Love the white one, and the weathered one, but I agree - it doesn't look as good on a deck as among the greenery.

    Hope to see some pictures when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the turquoise. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The acqua brings France to me immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the white bench... gorgeous! Can't wait to see your finished results. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about that navy and green!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for a color, be bold! You can always paint it black, but that is typical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep us posted! I personally like the green, which is my favorite color~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the French Gray! Anthropologie UK has some gorgeous wrought iron bistro furniture in bright greens, turquoise, yellow and orange if you are still looking for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gray color but I guess it depends on your color scheme.
    Have fun painting. Remember it's just paint so you could always change out the color each year. :-)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how classic black wrought iron furniture is, but it is always fun to mix things up with an unexpected and bold color choice. Can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete