Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Blue Christmas for the Dining Room

All photos in this post by Michelle Samoraj of Ispirato Design
Walls: Benjamin and Moore: Palace Dining Room Pearl-Blue, Everard Dining Room Cream

Not your typical Red and Green color scheme! The blue walls in this dining room, that I designed, were the inspiration and the starting point for the Christmas decor. When people see this room I want them to say "whoa, that's a lot of blue" (but not too much- I believe you have to strike a balance...I'm going for "understated" not "over the top"). 

Displayed on the buffet is an all white porcelain nativity by Lenox. I gathered several blue and white pieces, that belong to the homeowner, and arranged them on an antique table between the windows. The mini Christmas tree is "planted" in a concrete vase brought in from the garden and adorns blue and white lights and a collection of bird ornaments.
One corner of the dining room is reserved for the telephone and a place to drop the mail. The Christmas cactus is blooming right on schedule... But what is going on with the centerpiece!?
Below is a picture of the off-white, painted dining room table. The blue, blown glass vase with some fresh flowers (i'm thinking white roses with some holly) is what I would like to use for a centerpiece. I would love a beautiful mirrored or silver tray but the tray shown is what is available.
I would like to use a tray under this blown glass vase but this tray just doesn't work. Obviously, I could buy something, but when your working on a budget you have to be creative! 
Voila, a new tray!

Click here to visit Ispirato Design Marketplace  where I show how I transformed this tray into something that will compliment the decor of this dining room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment